CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I think we might be onto something....

Steven had a C/T scan of his abdomen and pelvic area done Monday evening and I called for his results this afternoon. I *think* we got good news…in a way. Basically, they couldn’t find anything wrong. His kidney looked all normal-like and there weren’t any weird things floating around inside him. So at this point his urologist wants him to have his testosterone levels checked again. Way back when we had our first IUI and found out that his numbers were low he had been put on Clomid to try to boost testosterone production. So if his numbers come back low (which we already know they are) the urologist will either have him take Clomid (pills) or HCG shots a couple times a week for six weeks. This SHOULD improve his numbers. I really hope this is the case and that his numbers will improve to the point of us being able to move forward with an IUI instead of going straight to IVF. So he’ll have labwork done this weekend hopefully and we’ll know soon enough what he needs to be doing.

I’ve been thinking a lot about what’s going on and have had it in my mind that we are going to end up having to do IVF.  A friend of mine asked me today if I was against (I think that was her wording) IVF because of the cost or because of the process itself. I understand that there are some people out there who are opposed to IVF for religious reasons or because they aren’t comfortable with invasive medical procedures like that, but I am definitely not one of those people. Not saying they are wrong for feeling that way– I don’t mean it to sound that way if it does. My personal thoughts are that I don’t care what needs to be done to get us a baby at this point. I was also a growth hormone patient. They made me grow, lol, so I have a different viewpoint and trust in the medical community than some might.

If IVF is what we have to do then so be it, but that doesn’t mean that I am excited to be faced with that news. IVF IS more invasive – incredibly more invasive than IUI and it is also incredibly more expensive. That really is my hang up with it – the cost. No one would be excited about that. BUT I’m not going to let myself get worked up about this until I absolutely know for  sure that it is what we absolutely have to do. No let’s all just keep our fingers crossed that we don’t have to go there, k? =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment