CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Water and Fertility...

*Okay, before I get started I feel like I should put a disclaimer of some sort. I am not a doctor or anything of the sort. Anything that I say on here is going to be based on internet research and documentation provided by my doctors. Basically, nothing I say on here is going to be all crazy. I’m certainly not going to try anything outlandish, so I wouldn’t suggest or mention it to others….unless it was to be preceded with “Oh my gosh, listen to THIS…” or followed by "...can you believe that craziness?!".  My reasoning for writing a post such as the one below is to share information that I’ve gathered for myself, information that I feel is helpful and that I can use in a practical sense in my day to day life to help myself get a baby in mah bellay.  So here goes…

One of the things my doctor in Minnesota stressed to us was that we need to stay away from caffeine and that we need to drink water. She said that it is alright for me to drink milk and natural fruit juice, but that water is the best. That makes sense, doesn’t it? Our bodies are made up of 70% water, our brains are approximately  85% water, and our bones are about 15 % water. So I know it’s what I SHOULD be drinking…but, honestly, sometimes I get bored with water. I can either not get enough of it and it’s all I’ll drink or I don’t want anything to do with it. Obviously water is good for us, it is natural and healthy and necessary for our survival, but how does it contribute to infertility?
According to this article written by Zura Jones, http://howtogetpregnantsite.info/392/can-you-increase-fertility-by-just-drinking-water/, water helps to flush out toxins from our bodies and it helps our bodies absorb natural ingredients from the foods we eat. And here is something else, water positively affects the quality of a woman’s cervical fluid, which in turn will better help sperm reach the eggs for fertilization. In addition, according to the author, water will help keep sperm alive for several days while waiting for fertilization to take place. Who knew? Maybe you did, but I sure didn’t.  Being a “why” person, I knew that water was good for my body, but understanding WHY it is important in relation to infertility, I am having an easier time turning down the Diet Dr. Pepper (sad)….most of the time.

I’ve read several different places that it is important to drink only filtered water so that the water we put in our bodies has been regulated and is safe. I don’t drink tap water anyway. Sure, that’s all I drank growing up, but I won’t do it now. Besides the fact that I like to know that my water has been filtered and is clean for me, I am also totally and completely creeped out by the thought of what could be CRAWLING INSIDE THE PIPES that tap water comes from. Roll your eyes if you want, but you never know, y'all. YOU NEVER KNOW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment