CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tasty Goodness Lemon Bread


So, can I just say that I love Pinterest? I don’t just like it. I LOVE it. I am addicted and I’ve found myself having to NOT pin things because I feel like I’m over-pinning. I found a sign on there that said “Pinterest = Crack”. I agree. Pinterest is my crack. But it’s so awesome! I love that you can click on one thing and that leads you sooooo many more THINGS….recipes, pictures, clothing ideas, crafting ideas, ideas, ideas, ideas, ideas…..
I happened to find the following recipe on Pinterest (originally from http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/randi/2009/03/recipe.html) and tried it tonight. It was pretty tasty! I am a lover of lemon, so I perked right up when I saw the recipe on my screen. I had never thought of lemon bread! I’ll say that, because I love lemon so much, I’m going to add more lemon zest next time I make this, I think.  Also, the recipe says to wrap the bread up and let it sit for a while after it has cooled and the flavor will enhance. But….that didn’t happen. I cut into that bad boy pretty quickly. I have no willpower. The first picture is the one off Pinterest. It looks better than my picture so I'm going to include it. Mine didn't turn out as pretty, but HEY! Don't judge a bread by what it looks like...and stuff.

Lemon Bread

1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
2 tsp. shredded lemon peel
1 TB. lemon juice
2 TB. lemon juice
1 TB. sugar

Stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl combine the egg, milk, oil, and 1 TB. lemon juice. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. Add the shredded lemon peel and stir.

Pour batter into greased 8X4X2 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.

While the bread is baking, stir the 2 TB. lemon juice and 1 TB. sugar together. Sugar should be dissolved before brushing on the bread.

When the bread is done, brush the lemon juice mixture on the bread (it will seem like a lot, but go ahead and use it all). Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove. Cool completely on a wire rack.

This is clearly my bread. I didn't burn the edges...that's just the lighting. Promise.

It is so good! You can see the flecks of lemon zest.

Let me know what you think if you decide to try it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment